October 2, 2009

Where I'M Coming From (Andy)

So, Lori shared her top records/songs/artists of all time with a few surprises (BBmack, waoh!) along the way.

I figure it's only fair to do the same (with short explanations on each pick!). In the alphabetical order of my iTunes, here goes nothing:

Al Green - Lay It Down: ?uestlove + Al Green = Pure Sex.
Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning Single: My favorite single of the past year...
Athlete - Vehicles and Animals: Quirky indie/britpop/casiorock. One of my favorite records ever.
The Beatles - Abbey Road: The bridge of Something is one of the greatest 30 seconds of music ever written.
Better Than Ezra - How Does Your Garden Grow?: They shot themselves in the foot with this pop-ode to OK Computer, but it was so worth it...
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago: Hyped music that is actually worth the hype. All about the vocal layering.
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run: "Tramps like us baby we were booooorrn." How can you not love it?
D'angelo - Voodoo: BEST RECORD EVER MADE. And that is that.
Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets: I am secure enough with my "musicgeeky-ness" to defend this record to the grave.
Doves - Some Cities: They were doing Coldplay five years before Coldplay was doing Coldplay.
Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours: I will not admit where this music recommendation came from, but it is heartbreak in aural form.
Jeff Buckley - Grace: Puts me in a different place and time.
John Legend - Once Again: One of the best pop artists of the past 20 years.
The Killers - Hot Fuss: The last rock stars?
The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out: In another life I was British, smoked cigarettes, and listened to the Kooks on repeat.
Lettuce - RAGE: Bring THE FUNK!
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges: Iced coffee and the summer of '08.
Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?: One of the first CD's I bought and still one of my favorites.
Radiohead - KID A: Hard to describe my infatuation with this record, but it's just so "round." Pyschedelic eh?
The Roots - Things Fall Apart: The next mooooovment.
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot: My current obsession.

There it is.
-AM